Called in Applications
On this page you can find a list of the applications that the SDNPA has ‘called in’, that will be dealt with by the in-house team of planners, rather than using the Local Authority planning team under the Agency agreement. The SDNPA expects to deal with up to about 150 planning applications in this way each year. These will be the more significant types of development which potentially generate particular, special or major issues for the National Park.
The Authority has regard to the National Planning Policy Framework when forming a view on whether a scheme is ‘major’ and has sought Legal opinions to aid in such assessments. These Legal opinions are available to be viewed below.
- Guidelines on Significance for SDNP Planning Applications – June 2011 (Opinion 1)
- Guidelines on Significance for SDNP Planning Applications – NPPF Complaint July 2014 (Opinion 2)
- Guidelines on Significance for SDNP Planning Applications – Supplementary Advice October 2014 (Opinion 3)
Latest ‘Called-in’ Planning Applications
- Directions Week Ending 20 March 2015
- Directions Week Ending 13 March 2015
- Directions week ending 6 March 2015
- Directions week ending 27 February 2015
- Directions week ending 20 February 2015
- Directions week ending 13 February 2015
- Directions week ending 6 February 2015
- Directions week ending 30 January 2015
- Directions week ending 23 January 2015
- Directions week ending 16 January 2015
Further information relating to the remaining planning applications within the SDNP, that are being dealt with by the Local Authority for that area under the Agency agreement, can be found by following the link to the ‘View Planning Applications’ page. If you wish to contact the SDNPA Planning department, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01730 811759 during office hours (Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm, Friday 9am to 4.30pm).